Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Remember - Misty Miller

Misty Miller

Whether your making a statement or asking a question one is just as relevant as the other. " Do you remember me?  I was the girl about 5' 3. Do you remember my eyes blue, blue as the skies.." Misty Miller sweetly sings about the evolution of young love and its highs and lows.

 Check out Remember The debut EP by 16 year old ukulele player from South West London certainly will not disappoint.  It's such a refreshing surprise to hear her fresh voice serenading along with  her plucky companion.  Misty, a self taught musician, recounts on her Myspace page how she received her uke as a gift and only picked it up one afternoon when she was bored. Once she picked it up she was hooked and has been writing music on it ever sense.

Misty sings like an angel in Evergreen Love- a heart felt ballad  sung for someone special no doubt, and Vampire, a song about a girl in love with - well a vampire - should be a popular song for her since it's every teenage girls fantasy at the moment! Still, while Vampires may be overexposed in the media- Misty puts a new spin on the usual hard rock soaked tunes that are commonly associated with Vampires- instead the song musically saunters about the vampire/human component with delicious detail.

      "Tell me about your thousands of lives, I want to learn about your other side.
 'cause I can't get you off of my mind.  And touch me with your freezing finger tips
 and kiss me with your blood red lips- I want to gaze into your ever-changing eyes.."

The final track on her EP, Home, has a soft country vibe, and I find it inspiring she can use a small instrument to take on various influences and it really works for her.  Misty Miller is a name you definitely will remember. She uses her talent to write relevant songs and her ability with this unique instrument leaves you  excitingly anticipating the next song.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?