Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day 2011- playlist

Love is in the airwaves! Whether you have a Valentine today or not there is music for you on the radio to either celebrate your true hearts desire, celebrate their leaving, or wallow in your misery of love gone wrong. I couldn't help but be amused at the song selections being blasted on the myriad of stations I surfed on the 45 min ride to and from my daughters school. It all started pretty normal and the songs were quite effective at eliciting loving thoughts and memories to the ones I love - song like Colbie Caillat's Bubbly and I also heard Realize on a different station soon after. Some songs I heard more than once- U2's  Pride (In the Name of Love), Sixpence None the Richer- Kiss Me was one I hadn't thought about in a while, along with Dido's White Flag all proclaiming loves labor isn't lost and all good songs appropriate for the day, but then it began- songs for the broken hearted- Kelly Clarkson's- Already Gone, Toni Braxton- Unbreak My Heart nearly did me in(and my hearts not broken!) Mumford and Son's Little Lion Man is not exactly  romantically inspiring either. I began to feel blah and even sad so I got to thinking about great love songs that you might not know or haven't heard often enough and came up with this impressive mini collection to get my back in a happy place. See if this inspires you like it did me!

The Civil Wars- Forget Me Not
 nd

Franz Ferdinand- No You Girls



Ben Harper- Steal My Kisses



Duffy- Syrup & Honey


Grace Potter and the Nocturnals- Sugar



Tegan and Sarah- I Know I Know I Know


David Gray- The One I Love













Have a Happy Valentines Day ~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?